Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tomato Mozzarella Panini

I would say this is a far cry from my healthy veggie pasta I made last week, but it sure is delicious! For those who know me well, or have gone out to many meals with me, you probably know that if something has tomato, basil, mozzarella, or sundried tomato listed in the ingredients I will pretty much always order it. There is something about those ingredients that I just cannot stay away from! I'm not sure why I hadn't attempted this before because it is SO easy, but tonight I made myself a panini with tomato, basil, mozzarella, and a sundried tomato pesto. Of course I loved this, I order something very similar often at restaurants. As inexpensive and simple as this was, I think I will be making it far more often haha YUM!


Let me just share with you the amusing story about how I came to have this panini pan. About 2 years ago I was hanging out with Darren, John, and Bridget in Austin and Darren mentioned to us that there was this "amazing deal" going on at Linens n Things (or maybe Bed Bath and Beyond, same difference haha) and they had these cooking sets on sale for only $9.99. Each set was for a different purpose and had 20 pieces in the box including cooking utensils like spatulas, tongs, etc and some type of pot or pan. There were something like 10 different sets for purposes such as cookies, cupcakes, paninis, pizzas etc.

So the four of us truck out to the store so Darren can check out this "amazing deal". In his defense, it was a good deal, and Bridget and I each bought a set (this would be where this panini pan came from, that I hadn't used in 2 years haha). Well, Darren being Darren, decided that since it was a good deal, he had to buy them all. Seriously, hundreds of dollars on these random cooking sets! We tried so hard to talk him out of them because seriously, the boy has never even used a microwave lol! He kept saying that in a year he would be moving out and wouldn't have all of John's cookware anymore and he needed those things. I'm not sure what he needed them for, since he doesn't cook and I'm quite certain I witnessed him trying to cook fajita meat in a pot one time haha. He especially seemed to think that he needed the tongs! It was so ridiculous, and as hard as we tried, we couldn't talk him out of it.

Days later, he retuned them all. If that wasn't an "I told you so" moment, I don't know what is. Oh Darren and his good deals. Just can't pass up a good deal. haha!

3 comments:

  1. That looks pretty good Kerri...and I do remember someone ordering Tomato Basil soup at BJ's the other night...who was that again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks SOOO YUMMY!

    that's really funny. i have a Panini maker and I remember Darren wanting to make him one so bad...it had to be freshman or sophomore year, b/c we still had our house.

    you've motivated me to pull mine out this week!! ha ha ha. i used to use it all the time...but haven't in awhile, lol. they have really good panini sauces at William Sonoma. you should check'm out!

    ~ L

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. $10? that's really good. mine was probably like $50+

    ReplyDelete