After this week is over and all the changes have been made, I will blog about what has been going on at my school this week. If you have talked to me, you already know, but if you are one of those people who gathers all information about my life through my blog, you will just have to wait.
Because of what is going on at school this week, we are having a "we're going to miss you party" after school tomorrow, and I volunteered to make the cookies. I had this oatmeal chocolate chip m&m cookie recipe I had been wanting to try, and when a certain person mentioned they love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I knew this would be the perfect occasion to bake them.
The recipe is really simple, which is why I thought they would be so good to make. However, this turned into a baking disaster. In retrospect, I should have used my brain and I probably could have avoided this. I'm definitely no pro baker though, so I pretty much always stick with the recipe. So, I mixed up all the dry ingredients and then started to add the wet ones. The recipe said to add "half a cup of butter, melted" so I did just that. As soon as I put the melted butter in I thought "this can't be right!" because it made the batter way to goopy, plus, it was melting all the chocolate chips. I figured I would try it anyway. This was the result:
They aren't burned like they look; they are so dark because of the chocolate melting as I mentioned before. They couldn't even come off the cookie sheet without breaking into like 5 pieces though. (they actually tasted okay ... not amazing, but okay, despite how they look).
Obviously, these were NOT going to cut it for tomorrow. And I obviously had to have something to bring, so I whipped up another batch really quickly. This time, I defrosted the butter until it could be mixed by spoon, but was NOT melted. This worked MUCH better! haha Here is the result:
These are delicious! Exactly what I was hoping for! Seriously, how much better do they look?!? haha!
And then, just to do something nice for someone, I made a gift to go along with them:

ooh the ones with the blue look SOOO YUMMMY!
ReplyDeleteThe funny part is I actually took a picture of the best looking one to post here. The others all had random holes in the middle like swiss cheese, were broken up into lots of pieces, AND the middle of each cookie was stuck to the pan. Not burned on mind you, just completely stuck! I ended up having to throw away a plate of cookie crusts and soak the pan to remove the rest haha. Not so successful!
ReplyDelete