As a teacher, this had me laughing so hard!
Sadly, I have to admit that the part about the teacher thinking the parent can't follow directions is SO right on! The part about the glue stick rings especially true. I get so annoyed when kids come in with the wrong size glue stick! It makes a difference!!! I can't even tell you how many times I have said, "why in the world would they send this in? Can't they read what we asked for? what were they thinking?!?" love it! haha
My favorite is the hand sanitizer. They are supposed to bring in a bottle of hand sanitizer as one of their supplies. Every year I have had at least one bring in one of those tiny individual purse size bottles of hand sanitizer. Not exactly going to work lol! OH, and 2 years ago one of the items on the list was baby wipes. One child brought in facial wipes. Now what in the world are we going to use facial wipes for in kindergarten?!?
One of our parents brought in a package of notebook paper. Now... Not only was that never mentioned on the list, but what the heck do they think a 3 year old is going to do with notebook paper?!?
ReplyDeletei don't get the glue stick thing? what size do you want? lol. just curious!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA, that's really funny about the hand sanitzer...i've never had that happen! ha ha ha. TOOO MUCH!
~ L.
We ask for the large size glue stick, not the small ones. And it really does make a difference. A kid can go through a small one easily in a week because it smashes so much easier. Therefore, even if the parent sends in extra small ones, it is not the same as sending the big ones. The big ones don't get smashed, thus lasting for months rather than mere days.
ReplyDeleteIve had kids go through a small glue stick in one single day before. That is obviously not going to cut it at school (especially when it's gone and I have to provide more for them because no replacements are ever sent in)