Friday, September 4, 2009

Second Grade Funnies

Two funny things that happened in second grade today:

1. A student came up to me during a time when the kids know it is perfectly acceptable to go to the restroom if they need it (there are lots of times they know that they should not even ask because the answer is no every time). So, this little boy comes up to me and tells me he needs to go to the restroom. I was about to say that's fine, but he apparently thought he needed to justify why he was asking as if I was going to tell him no. "Do you see these pants I am wearing? (lifts up his leg above the table and points to his khaki shorts) I have to go to the bathroom because you will be able to see the pee on these!" I laughed and told him to go. What I'm wondering is would him needing to go to the restroom have been different if he had on different pants that you would not be able to "see the pee"?!? hahaha

2. The other day I posted about a little girl who kept touching my toenail while I was teaching the kids on the carpet. Apparently my toes are extremely exciting, because today while I was reading our chapter from My Father's Dragon, I looked down and she had leaned over and was smelling my toes. um, gross! My feet don't stink or anything, but still! Why on earth would you want to smell somebody's toes?!? Too freaking funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment