Thursday after school I was flipping through the kids' homework from the night before to check over it, when I came across this:
It's from a kid that I'm pretty sure DOES in fact like me, so it was more funny than anything. I totally showed it off to another lady on my team, and called Missy to tell her about it after school.
Well, yesterday I decided that I would call this child up to my desk and ask them to read it to me. I was wondering if they would read it as is, get uncomfortable, or just read it straight out. So I call the kid up to my desk and ask them to read this note to which they reply very enthusiastically, "Dear Ms. McCormack, I don't like you!!!". I sort of paused for a moment to see if it would sink in to this child what they had just said to me, but no, it def did not. I honestly had to control the laughter, I was quite amused. I asked why they would write something mean like that on their homework to which they replied, "because I just hate it when you give me homework. I don't like homework!" haha. Just as I suspected, this kid clearly likes me, I get hugs and stories all the time; they just don't like homework! hahaha

First off...Congrats to this kid for being good at math...I looked over his answers and they all are correct...And I didn't like my teacher that gave me homework either so I feel their pain. The homework should be making stories up, or capturing a lightning bug, or sticking gum in someone's hair! When you make them do things that will help them later in life all you are setting yourself up for is a lot of comments like this. =)
ReplyDeletethat happended to one of my friends in student teaching, but she found it on his desk, on work he was not turning in, lol.
ReplyDeletewell, i'm glad he does like you! i mighta cried...ha ha ha.
~ L
(for some reason, my comments wont let me link it to my lj anymore!!)