Monday, September 7, 2009

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

I woke up this morning to a massive list of things to do for school. It was 8:30, and I told myself I needed to get at least half of it done by lunchtime. So, instead of getting right on the computer and playing around, I started grading papers. 11 sets of papers to be exact. *note to self, do NOT put off grading papers!* After I got all my papers graded I took a break from school work to shower, and once I was showered and dressed I started on lesson plans. Surprisingly enough, the lesson plans did not take nearly as much time as last week! I was expecting that to take up half my day alone, but I totally busted them out in about an hour. yay! :) Probably helped that I had actually done a little thinking about my upcoming week before I left school on Friday.

Since I had already accomplished so much, when Darren called and asked me to meet him for lunch I was able to say yes with a clear conscience. (I would have gone anyway mind you, but now I didn't have to feel bad about it or get really stressed out.) I had a great time catching up with D at lunch, and then headed home to do some more school work. I got all of my Words Their Way pretests graded and grouped my kids according to ability. The only thing I had left to do was choose words for the week, and do some planning on how I am going to incorporate this program into my daily 5 schedule. I decided that meant I could do something fun. So, in typical end of the week fashion, I baked some cupcakes!

Today's treat: Snickerdoodle Cupcakes!

I was actually surprised by how much I liked these in the end. They are very light, so they are quite different than the cupcakes I have made before, but I think that's what I like about them. You can eat one and not feel like you just had a major sugar overload. The cake part tastes just like a snickerdoodle cookie. Sort of a mix of vanilla and cinnamon. The frosting is similar to meringue, but a little different (descriptive, I know). And then they are sprinkled with a cinnamon sugar mixture.

I didn't have the piping tip I wanted to pipe the frosting on these, and the bake shop is closed for the holiday, so I just had to make do with what I had. It turned out okay, but next time I make these I'll make sure to have the piping tip I want. (honestly, only about half of them came out looking like I wanted, the rest look a little strange haha) I'll take the pretty ones to school tomorrow and keep the not so pretty ones for me to eat.

Oh, and I've decided on which "crazy lady" I am going to be when I am old. The crazy cupcake lady! hehe. I don't like animals so I can't be something like the crazy cat lady, but I do like cupcakes so I can be the crazy cupcake lady. :-P

Now I'm off to finish up the last of my school work for the day, and then I'm going to lay around and watch tv until I go to bed. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me :)

2 comments:

  1. Can I be the crazy cupcake-eating lady that lives next door? At least until I figure out what other kind of crazy lady I want to be? Because you know how I feel about animals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you bet! I'll need someone to be the taste tester :)

    ReplyDelete