Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Road Trip With My Favorite 7 Year Old

If you follow me on twitter you probably saw where I tweeted a few days ago about going on a road trip with my favorite 7 year old. Here's the story.

Remember A from my class this past year? (I've blogged about spending time with her earlier this summer.)  Well, her mom and I have become friends over the past few months, and while we were chatting on the phone last week it came up that A was going to Austin to spend the week with her Granny.  They were planning on driving her up there on Sunday, then turning around and driving straight home. That's 6 hours in the car in one afternoon!  Since I was also planning on going to Austin on Sunday after church, I offered to take her to save them the trip.

So, come Sunday we met up after church, and after having lunch together at Lupe Tortilla, A and I set out for Austin. Can I just tell you how much I love that little girl?!? I had SO much fun with her for 3 hours in the car! She chatted up a storm and had me laughing half the trip. It really made the drive go by quickly!  We stopped about halfway through the trip to get a drink and while we were waiting in the drive through we snapped a few pictures.

"Wait, my animals didn't get in it! Can we take another?"

you know how much I love silly face pictures haha

Seriously, could I love this child anymore? I'm not sure it's possible.

When we got to Austin we met up with her Granny and then I went on to my mom's house.  This child was the bright spot in an otherwise pretty horrible week. Love her to death!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Hey, Hey, what about the 'bright spot' in your week, of going to visit your mom and Woody?????

    ReplyDelete