This past weekend was been a nice relaxing break from the reality of my life. I probably didn't have time to take a break from my life (actually, I KNOW I didn't have time to take a break), but oh well.
Just like last summer, I drove up to Milford, Texas (North of Waco about half way to Dallas/Ft Worth) with a bunch of ladies for a quilting retreat. We stayed at this bed and breakfast that is made for groups of quilters or scrapbookers. It's really nice, because apart from the rooms where you stay, they have this large craft room set up so that each person staying has their own large workstation. They have cutting tables set up, ironing boards, and craft walls, so it's very convenient for you to work. Plus, they fix these amazing meals so you pretty much get to just stuff yourself silly and quilt for a whole weekend.
I wasn't really on my game this year (perhaps that's because I feel so lethargic about life in general) but I did manage to get one project completely pieced together (no picture because it may end up being a gift),
help with a baby quilt for Molly,

and make some very good progress on my scrap quilt I started working on last summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment