Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Is my leg broken?!?

I don't have a clue who actually reads this blog, so you may or may not already have heard the story about me falling down the stairs. If you have, skip the next paragraph and move on to the third. If you haven't, keep reading.

3 1/2 weeks ago I was running late for church on Sunday. I put on a new pair of shoes, headed out the door, and down the stairs to my car. Since these shoes were new, they were quite slick on the bottom. Can you see where this is headed? I most definitely fell down the concrete stairs at my apartment, and it sure did hurt! I sort of laid on the steps for a minute trying to decide if my leg was broken or not ... I decided not. My leg was in some severe pain, and was completely cut and bruised up, but like I said, I was running late for church, so I just had to suck it up and deal.

Well, it's been 3 1/2 weeks since this falling down the stairs incident. My leg STILL hurts like heck to even touch, and you can still see a large bruise on it (or it might just be a scar from where it was scraped, I can't really tell). Well, since it has been so long since it happened I started to really inspect it to see what the heck is wrong since it's not getting better. I've asked a few people and the consensus is that I have a lump on my leg. Either one part is inflamed into a bump, or one part is dented in. Either way, My shin is not flat anymore. I know people can get bumps on their head if they fall, but can you also get bumps on your leg?!? Or is this something I may need to worry about? Thoughts?

Before I leave you, I thought I would share a random story from my day. This morning I was reading a story to my class and they were sitting on the carpet in front of me. This one little girl kept inching closer and closer to my feet. Before I knew it, she was tapping her finger on my big toenail. I sort of moved my foot and ignored it, but that didn't stop her. She tapped/rubbed my big toenail throughout the entire story! Kids can be so strange sometimes! haha

4 comments:

  1. i think you should go check it out.

    it had been raining and i slipped in a garage and fell backwards in a garage...actually about 3.5 weeks, reandom for us, lol.

    the ER thought i broke it...and they wanted me to see an orthopedic and she didnt know, so i had to go back AGAIN and get another x-ray...she said it was sprained my wrist and wanted me to go to physical therapy. went there 2 weeks ago and he told me that i strained my middle finger. which sounds weird and not a big deal...but basically means HURTS LIKE HECK! lol. i could make a fist and it effects my wrist and hand. but he gave and did exercises on me and stuff to do for this week...so much better. went back yesterday and tons better. i have another 2 weeks of different hand exercises with a red ribbon to tie on a door on my own to do and he said i'll be better! LOL.

    ...so all in all, LOL...even tho it may be stressful, you should go check it out! you never know what could be wrong and how to make it better. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. hope you feel better! SOUNDS PAINFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, I should have known you would have some crazy injury story to match mine haha. That's why I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped a line drive in softball last summer with my shin...it got all swollen and bruised like your leg and stayed that way for at least 2 months. It finally went away though. If it still hurts super bad I'd say get it checked out :)

    ReplyDelete