Here is what I learned this week. I am incredibly lucky to know quite a few people who have been blessed with the gift of being an encourager. My friends have always been good at making me laugh and raising my spirits when I'm not so happy, but what I found this week was that there are a lot of people around me whom I would never have expected to offer such encouraging words to me when I needed them. Be it a random phone call to offer encouragement, a quick 3 sentence email, or simply sending me an encouraging scripture, I am very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.
And, day by day I'm breathing a little easier. I'm trying really hard to be positive, and some hours are better than others, but there are fewer tears each day and I guess that means it's getting better. Now that I have all my stuff moved into my new room, I've unpacked everything, I've moved around the furniture, and even put some things on the walls, I'm feeling MUCH more relaxed about the whole thing. I still don't have a clue what I'm going to do with the kids in a week, and thats more than an incredible stressor, but when you are trying to make it through one minute at a time, a week is like a lifetime away. I don't have the energy to worry about that yet.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~ Matthew 11:28-30
No comments:
Post a Comment