Saturday, August 1, 2009

Texture to Photos

Today I learned how to add texture to my photos using photoshop. I played with this for way too long this afternoon! It's okay though, because I got my entire classroom library project finished and that was pretty much the only thing I had to get done this week. (side note, YAY!) I think this is a really cool trick because it dramatically changes the appearance of your photos. Here is an example:

This is the original shot I took of the Dry Bean in College Station last week:


I initially changed it to black and white because I liked the look much better. Gave it a little more of a rustic feeling:


Today I took that same image and added texture to it, resulting in this photo:


Now, doesn't it look much more old fashioned? Like it's been preserved from long ago? I love it! Such a dramatic change!

Maybe you don't think this is as fun as I do, but I'm pretty thrilled about it so I thought I would share. I see how this can be very addicting haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment