Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. ~ Proverbs 19:21
I know I've said this before. It's not you that needs the reminder, it's me, and sometimes putting my thoughts on paper (or in this case online) helps me to hold onto the idea better.
My plans? My plan would have been to stay at Palmer when I was first hired. My plan would have been to spend months last summer setting up a classroom and getting ready for a new grade level. My plan would have been to teach first grade again this year.
But it's not about my plan now, just like it was not about my plan before. If I hadn't gone through the stress of moving schools and coming to Highlands I would not have met some wonderful people who have had such a positive impact on me as a teacher and who have become wonderful friends. If I hadn't had to wait until a week before school started to move to first grade last year, I would have had a totally different class and thus would never have been influenced to be a better person by one very special first grader (that's a story for another time though). I'm sure this year won't be any different. At the end of the year I'll have another "If I hadn't been forced to move to second grade then ..." story. It wasn't about my plans before and each time something wonderful came out of something I thought was bad.
It's the waiting that's hard. Because right now, this seems very bad. Right now, I am very unhappy. I just have to hold out for the good, because it will be there somewhere. It may be one step and one breathe at a time for a little while, but at some point it has to get easier. God's plans are always better than mine, and He knows where this is going, even if I don't. I'm holding tight to that knowledge for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment