Some of you know that I have been doing the 30 day shred workout this summer. I started to try it at the beginning of the summer, but when I went out of town I missed a few days, and when I came back I never did it again. Well, about a month ago when I got back from Vegas, I decided to try it again. I figured I had 26 days until school started so it was the perfect time as I would be just about done by the time I was back to work. This time around I PROMISED myself that I was going to do it for 30 straight days. I told myself that if I didn't do it every day for 30 days then I was going to have to start over at day 1. I am happy to report that today was day 30, and I did not miss one single day! I am super proud of myself for sticking with it!
I hadn't weighed myself pretty much all summer. When I gain weight I am extremely hesitant to step on the scale, because it sort of really freaks me out (and weight gain seems to have been the trend for the past 2 years since leaving college ... not good). I knew what I weighed at the beginning of the summer, and I didn't want to weigh myself again until I was pretty sure I had lost a good amount of weight, like 10 pounds or so. After starting back to work this week, I had a number of people comment that I looked great, like I had lost a good amount of weight. I don't really see it; but I guess I see myself every day. (although, if you follow me on twitter you know that a week or so ago I tried on some old clothes that haven't fit in a year or so and they all fit, so I guess I had at least toned up a little bit). Today, at the end of my 30 day shred workout, I weighed myself.
GUESS WHO LOST 16 POUNDS?!?
YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!
Guess who has a whole closet of clothes that fit her again, and thus does not need to buy new clothes for the fall? Double YAY!
Today is a marvelous day! :)
what's the 30 day summer shred? is it just working out every day for 30 days? or is it like somethin specific? lol.
ReplyDeletei know...i've gained my weight back...all 55 pounds that i had lost, ack.
It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels (from The Biggest Loser). It's great! It's only 20 minutes so it's hard to find an excuse not to do it. It's set up in 3 parts. Each part has 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. I love it because it's hard, but the longest you do any one move is one minute so even when you feel like you are going to die you can push through it knowing it's not much longer. All you need to do it is a pair of hand weights
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY
(you can buy it at Target)
I am so proud of you!!! I got P90X for my bday this year and I have yet to even complete a whole week :( It's not incredibly hard I just suck at doing an hour workout when I get home from being on my feet all day. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteso it works? thanks!
ReplyDeleteLaura - yes, I definitely think it works! Did for me at least :)
ReplyDeleteKat - I totally feel you! That's why I love this one so much. It's only 20 minutes long. It's hard to justify not doing it because it is only 20 minutes. That's not even as long as one tv show haha. (also, I do it before school because I have found that no matter what my day is like at school, I can almost never make myself do any sort of exercise at the end of the day)