Tuesday, August 25, 2009

hugs

Today my kids were sitting at their desks working silently (shocking compared to last year's chatty class lol!) and I was sitting at my guided reading table grading the math pretests they had taken earlier in the day. One little boy stood up and walked over to stand next to me. I turned to him, about to ask him what he needed and why he was out of his seat, and before I could say anything he blurted out, "Ms. McCormack, you were the nicest teacher in first grade and I am SO lucky to have you in second grade!" Before I could say a single word he wrapped his arms around my neck tightly and is gave me the biggest hug ever. That made my whole day! :)

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha, how sweet! that makes it hard for you to say, "Raise your hand..." LOL.

    ReplyDelete