Saturday, August 8, 2009

Butterfinger Banana Cupcakes

I'm heading to Austin tomorrow to see Mom and Woody, so I decided now was as good a time as any to make some more cupcakes! This time I will actually have people to share them with, so I figured it was perfect. As per my mom's request, I made butterfinger banana cupcakes with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting. Let me just say, YUM!

I definitely could have eaten the entire bowl of batter with a spoon it was so good haha! But, I managed to save enough to make some cupcakes too ;-) The cake itself could sort of be described as banana bread meets cupcakes. It has a banana bread type flavor (with a little bit of butterfinger crunch) but with a cupcake texture. I LOVE banana bread, so I LOVE these cupcakes! Add in the peanut butter frosting, sprinkle some crushed up butterfingers on top, and these are pretty darn good!

The last time I baked cupcakes I learned that my oven cooks faster than I expected. So, this time I watched these very carefully and they turned out wonderfully moist and delicious! yum! yum! yum! :)


1 comment:

  1. i hope goin home and eattin cupcakes with fam brings you some peace! i hope that you find about your school soon. have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete