I had lunch duty today and stepped out for a minute to use the restroom. When I came back in one little boy in my class was sitting at the table SOBBING! I went over and asked what was wrong but he couldn't even get words out. Finally the little boy sitting next to him informs me, "he's upset because he called Mrs. Mac fat and we told on him". I informed him that it is not nice to say things like that and walked away. He can cry all he wants, we don't call people (especially teachers) fat!
Well, he literally sits at his table and just cries the entire lunch. I'm talking uncontrollable sobbing (mind you this is like the sweetest little boy in the world so he is crying because he is so upset and not that he got in trouble). Finally, my teammate decides she can't let his day be ruined so she goes over to talk to him about it (she's the one he called fat). She asks him to come talk to her and as soon as he walks over to her he grips on to her in the HUGEST hug and just cries all over her shoulder. They had a talk, and he went back to his table while drying up his tears. She had a huge wet spot all over her shirt from his sweet little tears. Poor kid was devestated. Fortunately for him, Coleen didn't care. She said she told him "well sweetheart, of course it's true, but ladies don't like for people to say that to them anyway" and laughed.
too darn funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment