Tuesday, February 1, 2011

chance of snow

Looking at the weather forecast for the rest of the week, it seems likely we will see some snow in Houston on Friday (um yay!). Today at work they were updating the phone tree in the event that there is inclement weather on Friday, and then after school we had a meeting about it. If school is cancelled, it won't be until 5am and we are not to rely on what the news says, but only if someone from the phone tree calls us. However, if school is not cancelled, and we live far away and cannot get to work, they are not going to be overly concerned. We will have to put it in as an absence and use a day but they won't freak out about subs etc.

On my way home I started thinking about this. To get to work I take the Westpark Toll. The majority of this road is an elevated overpass so it is going to freeze over extremely quickly. I had never noticed before, but literally every few hundred feet is another sign saying "watch for ice on road during cold weather". If I remember, I will try and count how many there actually were on my way to work tomorrow (it was sort of a ridiculous amount haha).

Looking at the weather on my phone app, it appears that Thursday night there is a 50% chance of sleet and snow, and the low is 24 degrees. Then on Friday there is a 50% chance of snow and sleet most of the day. I'm thinking I may not be working on Friday regardless. At the very least I'll be leaving out sub work for the kids the night before just in case. Pretty sure if those conditions pan out, I will not be driving the 30 minutes to work that day haha. Guess we will see.

*keeping my fingers crossed for some snow!*

No comments:

Post a Comment