Saturday, February 5, 2011

no snow "snow day"

I'm so sad to report that Houston did not get ANY snow yesterday! The weatherman should really not get my hopes up with predictions such as "3-5 inches of snow" when all we're going to get is ice. Oh well, can't complain too much because school was cancelled and I have a nice unplanned three day weekend.

I started off my long weekend in true college throwback fashion: drinking. Fortunately, this time I already knew school was cancelled the next day, unlike that time in college where we ended up having to get up and go to school hungover haha! I hung out with Michelle and the boys and played drinking games with wine. Let me just tell you, wine is a bad thing to play a drinking game with. Oh goodness haha.

Yesterday the roads were apparently icy (though the ones outside my house looked just fine) so I spent most of the day inside. What better time to bust out a sewing project! I'm not sure who reads this, so I'm not going to post pictures of what I made yet, but when it's finished in the next week, and I give it away, then I'll post some pics. It's cute, I'll say that!

After cutting fabric for what felt like years, I spent a few hours sewing and got the majority of the thing put together. YAY! Since we'd been cooped up in the house all day Tony and I decided to go to Armadillo Palace for dinner, drinks, and live music. I invited a number of friends to come with us, but unfortunately when we got there we found out the band was cancelled and they would be closing early. Bummer. I let the friends know not to worry about meeting us there, we had dinner, and then left. We ended up stopping by blockbuster on the way home and renting a movie to watch the rest of the night.

All in all, a good no snow "snow day" .... though I'm still quite disappointed that I didn't get to see any real snow!! Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment