Sunday, February 20, 2011

Galveston State Park/Brazos Bend State Park

Last weekend Tony and I took all the new camping stuff down to Galveston State Park to do some camping! Here is our weekend in pictures:

First, we got to the park and set up camp. I'm used to camping with lots of trees, but this is Galveston after all, so there really aren't any haha. At least there was a nice view of the bay.


After we got camp set up, we decided to take a walk around the park on some of the trails.


We were able to watch the sunset from our walk, which was really pretty, though once the sun went down it got cold fast! This was about the time I busted out my long underwear and 3 shirts haha. Good thing Tony knows how to make a good fire!


The next day we got up and headed over to the beach for some fishing. By fishing I mean Tony is CRAZY and waded into that freezing cold water to fish while I played in the sand and took pictures of birds.


When it became apparent that it was too cold for wade fishing, we drove down to the jetties where we could set up our chairs and fish from the warmth of land (not that it was warm, mind you!). *I love this picture!*


We concluded the evening with a great fire, chili cheese dogs, and s'mores. yum! The next morning we got up early, packed up, and drove to Brazos Bend State Park to spend the day. This place was much more like my idea of camping. It was so pretty! We started out with a walk around the park.


We stopped in the nature center and were able to see and touch a baby alligator. Look how tiny it is!!! (side note: this is NOT me holding it. Those things bite!)


My entire goal of this trip was to see and photograph an alligator, because that is what the park is known for. Lucky me, there was one RIGHT off the path!!! I was literally 3 feet away from this thing!

So, of course I snapped about a million and one pictures. haha


We stayed at Brazos Bend all day and explored the place so we would know where to go when we camp there next time. It was such a beautiful day and we had so much fun! I can't wait to go camping again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment