Early dismissal today! Woo Hoo!! T and I had a conversation last night about all the schools who were already announcing either a late start or an early dismissal for today. I was telling him that while the district might cancel school for Friday, there was little or no chance that they would let us start school today, and then change the dismissal time. Looks like I was wrong.
At 10:15 my student teacher got an email from her child's teacher at another Fort Bend School letting her know they would be having an early dismissal and she needed to make arrangements to have her child picked up at that time. We had yet to hear anything so we stormed the front office to find out what Pat knew. At that point, she knew nothing, but within minutes of us asking she got the email saying we were going to have an early release.
This set about the most ridiculously crazy afternoon. We had to call the parents of any child who was a walker to see how they wanted their kids to go home, and those who normally go to extended day as it was cancelled for the afternoon. First grade chose to put on Toy Story 3 and let the kids watch while we all made phone calls haha.
We started letting the kids go at 1:45 and were done by 2:15 (school normally gets out right at 3:10 so this was a good bit early). I was home cuddling with my kitten by the time school would normally get out.
The district has now said they will put out word of what will happen tomorrow by 8pm tonight. I can't imagine that they will tell us we have school as the weather is only going to get worse from here on out. Regardless, I left out stuff for a sub as my 30 minute drive will just not be happening if it is icy at all.
Yay for having the afternoon off! We'll see what they say about tomorrow in a few hours ...
No comments:
Post a Comment