Here is what I know about myself: when I decide upon a new hobby, I dive in headfirst.
I have been talking about wanting to go camping for months! We had intentions of planning a trip last fall, but by the time we got around to really thinking about it, it was already around the holidays and everyone was busy, then it got too cold. Well, for whatever reason, on Sunday we got to talking about it again. Since we had nothing else to do we took a trip to Academy and I ended up buying quite a bit.
I bought two tents (one 3 person, one 4 person ... it was a really good deal and they are great tents so I got both so more friends could come), and a sleeping bag (Tony bought one too). We came home, set up the tent in the living room, and planned a trip for this coming weekend with some friends.
We got so excited about the trip that we ended up back at Academy to buy more stuff. Let's not even talk about how much stuff I got. Let's just say that I'm pretty much a hardcore camper now. I justified all these purchases because this stuff will last for years and years. Maybe someday I'll take my family camping :) hehe
Plus, T and I are already planning multiple trips with different groups of friends over the next few months so at least I'll get my money's worth out of that.
I'm SO excited!!!
*edit* Last night we MAY have set up camp in the backyard to test out all the new stuff. We spent a number of hours hanging out in the tent in the middle of the yard (I'm sure the neighbors thought we were nuts) before deciding it would be best to get a good night's sleep since it was only Monday and heading inside to sleep. So fun! So excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment