Another post about pumpkin?!? It's not like you should be surprised at this point. haha
Do you like pumpkin? How about bagels and cream cheese? Okay, wait for it ...
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread for Bagels!!
Are you excited?? If not, you should be! This is delicious!
I'm finding so many great pumpkin recipes that I love, I swear I am going to get fat eating them all! Seriously, it's getting a little out of hand! Just a little fyi, I currently have 27 recipes saved involving pumpkin. 27!! Thus far I have made 6 of them. That leaves 21 to go haha! No worries, I promise I won't make all of them (not this season at least), but I do have a number more different types of things I want to try. Clearly I have the canned pumpkin stock to do it. :-P Anyway, on to the recipe:
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread
Ingredients:
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
3 T brown sugar
2 T maple syrup*
1/4 t vanilla
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of pumpkin pie spice
*the actual recipe called for maple syrup. As I stated earlier, I don't really like maple syrup, so it seemed silly to buy a huge bottle when I only needed two tablespoons. I did a little research and came up with a substitute. Mix together:
2 T boiling water
2 T brown sugar
1 t granulated sugar
Beat all ingredients together with a mixer until smooth. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Slather generously on top of a bagel (if you buy mini bagels like me, this would make for a great snack!). Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment