Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Balance

Today I was working with a student at my table while the rest of the kids were doing independent work. I heard a large crash so I looked up to find one of my students on the floor, with their chair on top of them, and some of the things from their desk spewed about around them:

me: Um, what just happened?
student: Oh! Sorry, sorry! I just need to work on my balance, that's all.
student's neighbor: She just fell out of her chair. She was just sitting there and all of a sudden she fell. I don't know what happened!

later in the day the same student knocks into a table spilling a bunch of things over:

me: are you okay?
student: Oh, sorry! I just have to work on my balance!

Apparently balance is not a skill you can acquire without much practice. Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. a 2nd grader sayin, "balance" is just too cute. obviously she learned that from someone! ha ha ha. :-D

    ~ L

    ReplyDelete