Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Moon

This was just laugh out loud funny today, so I thought I would go ahead and share. One of our school ESL teachers has started coming in my room daily and asked if she could teach some writing lessons. Um, OF COURSE! It's wonderful ... really wonderful! (especailly wonderful considering I am ESL certified so no one is required to come in, let alone do any teaching).

Anyway, totally not the point of the story (but a happy spot in my day nonetheless). So Judy was in my room today to teach writing, and while the kids were getting things out and ready she asked me, "what time are you going to the theater tonight". I looked at her with this what are yout talking about face before I realized that we are facebook friends so she had seen that I was going to the midnight showing of New Moon tonight. Once it clicked I told her we were going to get there around 11, and at about this time one of my kids pipes up (a boy no less!), "are you going to see New Moon??" I turned to him shocked and he repeated it, "are you going to see the midnight showing of New Moon tonight? Is that what you are talking about? My mom told me about it being tonight". Judy and I just about died laughing. How funny! Would NOT have expected a kid to know about that, let alone put together that me going to a theater tonight meant that I would be going to see that movie. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment