I noticed in the past couple days that Christmas decorations are going up everywhere. I'm not talking about just putting out Christmas stuff for sale, I'm talking about full out Christmas decorations everywhere. The first place I noticed it was in the shopping center by Randalls. It wasn't long before Target had decorated, I heard my first Christmas music in Family Christian bookstore, and then driving by town center today I saw they have their Christmas trees up down the road. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me! I love Christmas, it's so magical. Although, every year I still long for the days of a white Christmas in Colorado, but that's okay.
I figured that since the world was starting to decorate for Christmas, I could start listening to the music. Today I busted out my first Christmas music of the season and it put me in the best mood. My car CD player is now stocked with Sounds of Christmas 1, 2, and 3 (Thanks to Jenn!), Josh Groban's Christmas album, and Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas album. LOVE IT!
I'll hold out until after Thanksgiving before playing Christmas music in my classroom, but it is with great pain, I promise.
By the way, if you haven't heard Josh Groban's Christmas album your life is not complete. I'm not kidding. This was the first CD I have purchased from a store in something like 8 years. After I bought it and put it in my car, I ran some errands. Half an hour later I went back and bought as second copy for a friend because it is JUST THAT GOOD.
I could marry him for his voice. haha Let me put it into a little perspective for you: the way I feel about his voice is very similar to the way I feel about Ryan from The OC ... you know, when he has the curl ;-) mmm
well you and i will be fightin for that place next to josh groban by the altar...LOL.
ReplyDeleteyay for xmas music!! have fun listenin...
:-D
~ L