There are certain foods that I am drawn to, no matter what they are in. Some I have mentioned before: tomato and mozzarella, avocado, and pumpkin to name a few. But also, black beans. I LOVE black beans.
This morning a recipe for black bean soup showed up on one of the blogs I read. All day at school I could not stop thinking about that black bean soup, so I decided to try it out for dinner. This is one of those recipes that will become a staple for me. (Maybe it could even become my new speciality Missy, since I don't eat my old one anymore haha!) It literally takes under 5 minutes to prepare and it tastes great! Plus, you can easily keep these ingredients on hand for times when you want to throw something together quickly without any real planning.
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 t cumin
Combine everything in a food processor (or if you are me and don't own one, throw it in the blender haha). Blend until fairly smooth. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat. Ladle into bowls, and garnish with cheese and sour cream. That's it! It's so simple, but tastes really good! YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment