Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Last week it was pumpkin pancakes, this week it's pumpkin pie oatmeal. Let me just say, wow! This oatmeal is the best I have EVER had! It's incredibly sweet, more like a dessert than a breakfast really, but oh so delicious!

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


The oatmeal is like a big bowl of gooey pumpkin deliciousness, and the topping gives it a wonderful sugary crunch which makes for a great contrast to the gooey oatmeal underneath. There is not one thing I don't like about this meal, seriously!

I have been known to make oatmeal and mix in some canned pumpkin and spices many times before. It's simple and tastes great. But I must say, this recipe totally puts that to shame! If you like pumpkin and oatmeal you HAVE to try this.

For the Oatmeal:

Mix together:
1 cup oats
2 1/2 T brown sugar
dash of cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, and salt

In a separate bowl mix:
1/2 t vanilla
2 T softened butter
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
3/4 cup milk

Pour pumpkin mixture into oats mixture and stir. Pour into individual ramekins, place on cookie sheet, and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. While that is baking prepare the topping.

For the topping, mix together:
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 T brown sugar
1 T softened butter

After 10 minutes, remove oatmeal from the oven. Divide topping equally over ramekins. Place in oven and bake an additional 7 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment