Saturday, October 10, 2009

Leap of Faith

When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.

I am getting very close to taking a very large leap of faith. Most days now, it is all I can think about. At some point there won't be any turning back, only moving forward one step at a time. Hopefully when I take that first step there will be something for me to stand on, because it's scary, terrifying really, and completely overwhelming. But, at the same time, it might be completely necessary. The best things in life do not always come easily, and most great things begin by moving out of your comfort zone. I've never been one to step out of my comfort zone, and maybe that's been the problem. Maybe now it's time ...

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. ~ Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment