Can I just say what a wonderful time I had in Salt Lake City this weekend? Seriously, it was SUCH a good mental health break! I hadn't seen my dad since the first week in June, which I think is the longest period of time in my life that I have gone without seeing him ... craziness! Plus, Lauren and Aunt Mary Beth were there, and I got to see a lot of family I haven't seen in a long time. Dad and I were trying to figure it out, but we think the last time I saw Aunt Mary was possibly almost 15 years ago! That's an insanely long time, so it was really good to see her again. Plus I got to see Molly, Uncle Bruce, Grandma and Dick. Such a fun time!
Friday morning I flew up to Salt Lake city and met my dad at the airport. We checked into our hotel and relaxed/napped for about an hour upon checking in. Then we headed over to the park to meet up with everyone for the barbeque. I got to meet Molly's husband Adam, and I have to say he definitely got two thumbs up from the McCormack's. This guy is great, and so much like Molly! They are adorable together. So, in the park Adam did some grilling
and everyone did lots of eating. Whole foods must have thought we were crazy about kale because they sent over a MASSIVE platter. Seriously, Molly and Adam are going to be eating this kale for months to come! It was ridiculous and proportionally so much larger than any of the other platters of food. Lauren and I laughed so hard about it!
I have turned into quite the Texas girl over the years, because once the sun went down I was FREEZING! Seriously, SO cold! However, it was lots of fun hanging out with dad and catching up with Lauren. (this picture was actually taken the next night, but it's the only one I have of the two of us this trip)
The next day Lauren and I went to Adam's yoga class. He owns this neat studio there, so he had invited us to come to his class. It was a good class, but man 2 hours of yoga almost killed me! I am used to only an hour, so this was twice as long as any class I had been in! It was lots of fun though! After yoga I spent some time showering and getting ready for the day then dad and I went to lunch and drove around the city so I could see it. Having the mountains as a backdrop makes everything so much prettier! I really miss the mountains!
That evening we got dressed up and headed over to this beautiful restaurant, Tuscany, for the ceremony and reception.
Sunday morning my flight was at 8:30 so I had to get up and leave pretty early. It was such a nice weekend and a nice break from work that I was really sad to come back home. I'm thankful I got to go though, it was really a great time! Thanks Dad, love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment