Fall is officially here, and we have the weather to prove it! A crisp cool breeze blew in the other day, which made me start thinking about all things fall. My most favorite thing about fall: pumpkins! Specifically, food made with pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice lattés etc. You may be seeing a few different pumpkin recipes this month. :)
Anyway, tomorrow is my day to bring a breakfast snack to bible study, so I decided to do some baking today. No cupcakes this week, but I do have some wonderful muffins to share! Give you one guess what the star ingredient is ... pumpkin or course!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins
These are GREAT! I know I say that about everything I bake, but it's true (plus, the things I've baked that I didn't like I just don't post about haha). These are moist and delicious. A great mix of pumpkin and chocolate. YUM!! I think they are going to be a big hit tomorrow at my ABF.
For those interested in the recipe, here you go:
Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 cup melted butter
1/2 cup applesauce
3 cups all purpose flour
2 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t allspice
3/4 t salt
1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. With wire whisk, beat the eggs in a large bowl, and mix in the sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, and better. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and chocolate. Stir the flour mixture into the egg and pumpkin mixture until just combined. Transfer batter into lined muffin cups. Bake about 13 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment