Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Wimberley .. that's like Kimberley!" - Missy

I had the most wonderful relaxing three day weekend ever! Seriously, it's sort of hard to put into words just how great (and completely necessary) it was!

Friday after school Missy and I got on the road right away for Wimberley. For a 3 1/2 hour drive, it seemed to go by fairly quickly. Good company I guess :) When we got to San Marcos we needed to stop for dinner so we started to search for what was around on one of our iphones. We had almost decided to go to Texas Roadhouse because we used to love eating there in college but there isn't one close by in Houston, when we saw a Fazolis up the road. We most def chose Fazoli's over Roadhouse. That may seem ridiculous, but man we LOVE that place!! After a delicious meal there, we finished the drive to my mom's river house.

The GPS on my phone led us down this incredibly scary back road and for awhile there I was pretty certain we were going to die there. Missy later told me she was all but about to jump into my lap lol. BUT, we made it. By the time we got to the house it was nearly 9pm. There were NO lights on anywhere, and it was pitch black outside! Walking up to a house out in the middle of nowhere, in the dark, and having to search for a key is scary. My mom had told me where the key was hidden and in my rush to grab it quickly I totally knocked one of two keys onto the ground. Luckily, it was the mail key, not the house key, because it was nowhere to be found in the dark. Missy and I had a pretty good laugh over that. We would have been screwed if it had been the other way around. yikes! Once we got the key, we let ourselves in the house and started to unload the car. 10 trips later, we were in. Seriously, we had SO much stuff! You would have thought we were moving in! The walk from the car to the house is not exactly a short distance and like I said it was pretty dark and scary so we were moving fairly quickly. At one point we got back to the car to get more things (I had left the car running so my headlights would give us some light on the path) and Let the Bodies Hit the Floor was blaring from the radio. Ummmmm not good music when you are already freaking out afraid of the dark! haha The rest of Friday night was spent hanging out in the living room, drinking many mimosas, listening to the water feature outside the window, and chatting. Quite a relaxing end to the day!

Saturday morning we got up and spent some more time just lounging around. At some point I decided I needed a shower and when I turned on the water it was the most overwhelming sulfur smell ever! I seriously wanted to throw up it was so bad. Plus, the water never got hot! It was the stinkiest, coldest, shower ever! I literally stuck my head in, washed my hair, and that was it. I called my mom later and we figured out that the sulfur smell was from the water not being used in awhile (it went away after that first shower), and the reason it was cold was that the previous renter had turned off the hot water when he left (we got that fixed for the next day, no worries!). My mom was trying to walk me through flipping the breakers to try and fix the hot water problem when out of nowhere this huge male deer runs up to about 5 feet away from me. He totally had an arrow stuck in his side and I all but had a panic attack right there. He was SO close to me, all the house doors were open (trying to air out that gross smell), he was looking right at me, and he was clearly very agitated because of the giant arrow he had been shot with. I was too scared to cry. Seriously. Missy had seen this thing dark across the yard from the bedroom window so she came out to see what it was. As she came out, it got scared and ran away. Thank goodness!

After spending a bit more time lounging around on the porch enjoying the beautiful weather, Missy and I decided to head over to San Marcos for some outlet shopping. I cannot believe how long we were there! We walked the entire prime outlet side and didn't leave until it was already dark. Of course we didn't think to leave a porch light on, thinking we'd be back much earlier, so it was dark and scary when we came home again. Shopping was a lot of fun though. We both got a few cute things, and honestly just had a nice time wandering about leisurely not caring about the time or anything. We grabbed dinner at Outback since it was right there in the parking lot, then headed back home for more mimosas and an old mix tape.

Sunday we were both so glad that we didn't have to get up and drive back yet. We spent the morning just laying around relaxing, got some cutting done for our quilting projects, and had lunch in town. After lunch we ran a few errands to try and find things we needed for our quilting setup, then headed home to start quilting. We both got our entire top piece done for our quilts! SO fun!! Plus, they are both super cute! Sunday night consisted of even more relaxing, and even more mimosas (7 bottles worth of champagne at this point lol).

I really didn't take many pictures this weekend, and I the only pictures I even took of our completed top pieces were on my phone so these will have to do. This is when we had the blocks all sewn together and laid out, but had not yet sewed them all together. You get the idea at least.
My quilt


Missy's quilt


Monday we got up, did some more cutting for our next quilting project, then packed up to leave. We stopped in San Marcos for lunch at none other than Fazoli's again haha. yum! On our way back into town we stopped at ikea and picked up some fun new chairs for the kids to use in the classroom when doing read to self, and then finally made it back to my house. Missy did some lesson planning, and I went to yoga, then we picked up dinner, came back here, watched Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill, and had a Monday night sleepover.

This weekend was SO incredibly relaxing I just can't even explain it. I think we both really needed it, but we sure were sad to come back to reality. We should really make it a point to take weekends like that more often. Love you bunches Missy! :)

1 comment:

  1. those are gorgeous! :-D

    i've heard of scrapbookin retreats...i've thought about goin, lol! sounds like your's was really relaxing!

    ~ L

    ReplyDelete