Okay so I admit it, I have a secret love affair for all things pumpkin. After I made those pumpkin muffins a few weeks ago I had been DYING to try out a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes but I just hadn't had the time. Plus, have you heard about the pumpkin shortage of 2009?!? Every time I went to the store to buy canned pumpkin it was nowhere to be found! How is that even possible?? So sad!
Anyway, I finally found some canned pumpkin at Target (although they still only had something like 6 cans of it!) and decided to get to baking.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
The batter for these tasted exactly like pumpkin pie, it just had a different texture. yuuuummm. The cupcakes turned out incredibly moist (I think that's due to the pumpkin purée) and the cinnamon cream cheese frosting complemented them perfectly. This is probably my favorite frosting thus far (but I'm also partial to a cream cheese frosting, not a huge fan of buttercream). Will I make these again? You bet! Will I probably make them again very soon? Most definitely! Now if someone could just work on finding an excuse for me to make them again that would be great! Mom, how do you feel about pumpkin cupcakes instead of pie for Thanksgiving? hehe
*recipe available upon request :)
Stay tuned for pumpkin spice cream cheese brownies to come later this week. I'm super excited to try this recipe and have to bring something to school this week so I think it might be perfect!
oh kerri! those looks yummmmmmy!!
ReplyDelete~ L
I would LOVE that recipe!
ReplyDeleteAndi
andibaskin@gmail.com