Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes and a Pumpkin Spice Latte

It may be possible that I have a real problem here:

I may or may not have bought the entire stock of pumpkin purée when I saw it at the store today. What does this mean for you? LOTS of pumpkin recipes coming your way over the next week!

I started off today with a wonderful pumpkin breakfast. First, pumpkin pancakes!

yum yum yum! These are light and fluffy with a light flavor of pumpkin that is not at all overpowering (although we all know how much I LOVE pumpkin, so maybe if you hated pumpkin it might taste overpowering, I don't know). I'm sure they would be good with maple syrup, but I'm not really a fan at all. I thought about whipping up some whipped cream to dollop on top, but decided that since I wanted to make this next treat, I would pass on the whipped cream calories this morning, and simply sprinkle the pancakes with cinnamon and sugar instead. I wasn't disappointed. :)

Next, Pumpkin Spice Latte!

Just like Starbucks, but only a fraction of the cost! (And since I used Starbucks coffee, it really was JUST like Starbucks haha). This was really simple, and turned out really good. One of my favorite fall drinks is a pumpkin spice latte, so I was pretty excited to stumble upon this recipe. All you have to do is mix a cup of coffee, 2/3 cup evaporated milk, 1/4 cup pumpkin purée, 1-2 T sugar, 1 1/2 t vanilla, and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice together, and heat in a sauce pan until hot. Put the mixture in a blender, blend for one minute to make the nice frothy topping, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!

Confession here: I have NO idea how to make coffee! NONE! I don't drink it. I don't like it. I love coffee flavored drinks, but I hate plain coffee. So, I never learned how to make it. My mom gave me a small coffee pot (just in case) and I pulled it out and didn't even know how to go about pretending to use it. Therefore, I bought some of these (which you can find at Starbucks, but also in the coffee section at Target):

Individual instant coffee pouches. This was totally made for me! If I was going to make this a lot, or drink coffee more, I'd learn to use a coffee pot because it would be less expensive. But these are just under $3 for 3 packages and I figure for how rarely I would need coffee, that's not a bad deal. Plus, it's Starbucks! $1 per pumpkin spice latte is much cheaper than the $4 I'd spend buying it there, so it works for me. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment