Saturday, May 7, 2011

What is wrong with these kids?!?

"What's wrong with these kids" has become the first grade mantra this year. I swear you hear someone saying it at least once an hour around our hallway. Here is another story that just goes to show what these kids are like:

Friday we were picking the kids up from lunch so they were all sitting in rows on the ground and the teachers were standing up front. One kid got up from their seat and came to dump out their water bottle (without asking, but that's a battle not worth fighting at this point). As she dumped out the water bottle in the water fountain it splashed ALL over me! My shoe was soaked, there was water on my pants, and my hand was wet. I turned toward her and made this face like "did that really just happen?" as I waited for her to say something. She made this gross face at me and threw up her hands like "what? I didn't do anything", did not say a word, and just walked off. Um WHAT?!?! I'm sorry, but what first grader acts like that?!?! I would have been mortified if I had spilled water all over my teacher!

So I'll say it again ... What is wrong with these kids?!?!

17 1/2 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment