Thursday, May 19, 2011

poison control

Every day I go to work I say nothing else can possibly surprise me at this point ... and yet, every day these kids manage to do something idiotic that surprises me!

Today, it was poison. Yeah, they ate poison at recess. Just let that sink in for a second and start to understand what exactly we are dealing with in first grade this year!

So, the kids went out for recess today and as they are coming back in Coleen was totally freaking out. Apparently, on a dare, a number of kids chose to eat some random seed pods they found on the ground at recess. Not knowing what these things were, she dragged them down to the nurse to have her check on it. They ended up having to call poison control. You heard me, POISON CONTROL. (wtf?!?) Turns out, the seed pods they ate are only poisonous to cattle, BUT they do have a narcotic effect if eaten, AND, had the kids eaten the plant instead of just the seeds, THEY COULD HAVE DIED! I wish I was kidding. Do these kids think anything of this event? Of course not. It's just another typical day in first grade this year.

I swear, what else could they do at this point that would surprise me?!? Just wait until tomorrow, I'm sure there will be something new...

Tomorrow is field day. God help us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment