Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Grand Theft Auto

I keep saying they can't do anything else that will surprise me, and yet, shit like this keeps happening:

After school today I was walking by the nurse's office when a group of teachers stopped me.

T: Hey, you have J in your class right?
me: yeah, why
T: do you happen to know if he has a motorized scooter?
me: as far as I know, no he does not
T: do you happen to know if he rode one to school today?
me: no, he definitely didn't. He was tardy because his mom brought him and then stayed for the awards ceremony at 8:30
T: oh, well we think he stole one then ...

Tracy then goes on to tell me that J has apparently stolen an older student's motorized scooter and rode it home. They got outside with the walkers and this one older kid was a little late. When she got out there she saw her scooter was gone. They looked down the road and could see J riding it way down the street. They were calling his parents to try and confirm that it was in fact stolen, and not actually his.

Um, can you say first grade grand theft auto?!?! HE FREAKING STOLE A MOTORIZED SCOOTER! Who does that?!?! I have to admit, this one actually left me in a state of complete shock. There isn't a lot that actually surprises me anymore, but this just takes the cake. I'm interested to hear tomorrow how it all turned out. I know that some teachers were suggesting we actually call the police and have them go teach him a lesson about theft, but I don't know how it all ended up playing out because I had to leave.

This is complete INSANITY I tell you. INSANITY!!!

1 comment:

  1. The titles of your last couple of blog posts have been hilarious. I am sorry you have such a crazy class this year.

    ReplyDelete