The other night I went to play bunco (it's one of my many old lady hobbies, don't judge haha) and we were playing at this gift store that one of the ladies owns, so that we could mix in a little Christmas shopping while we were there. On my way back to the bathroom, in the back room of the store, there was a white board with this written on it:
God makes a promise
Faith believes it
Hope anticipates it
Patience quietly awaits it
I stopped to read over it a few times. I loved it enough I took out my phone and jotted it down in the notes app so that I would remember it later. And now, I am sharing it with you.
It's the patience part that I struggle with. In a world of instant gratification, where we are so used to getting everything we want exactly when we want it, quietly waiting on God's promises can seem impossibly hard. I'm working on it though ...
I read another quote in a book I've been reading recently (Catching Fireflies by Patsy Clairemont is a great quick read about finding God's light in different places if you're interested) that ties in well:
Do what you can and then trust God with the rest.
There are a lot of pretty major things I am waiting on at the present time. Every time I start to get stressed because I can't get things to fall into place quickly enough (which trust me, is quite often!), I remind myself of this quote. It reminds me that all I have to do is my part, do what I can, and then sit back and wait and trust God to take care of the rest. He hasn't failed me yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment