Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mint Chocolate Puddles

I may have just made the best cookies in the entire world! I am not even kidding here ... if you like Andes mints, even half as much as I do, then you need to run, not walk, to the nearest store and get the ingredients to make these. Seriously, do it, you won't be disappointed.

Mint Chocolate Puddles


Oh my gosh these cookies are delicious! Quite possibly the best thing I have ever baked in my entire life. But of course, I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate mint! I think the best way to describe these is like a thin mint girl scout cookie, but more thick and chewy. WAY better than a thin mint if you ask me (and thin mints are delicious!)

Ingredients:
12 T butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 T water
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 packages (4.5 oz) Andes Mints

Directions:
In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the sugar, butter, and water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate chips until melted, set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl and beat in eggs, one at a time. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Roll cookie dough into walnut size balls and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. When cookies come out of oven press one mint on top of each cookie, let sit for one minute, then use the back of a spoon to swirl the melted chocolate around. Let cool, and enjoy!

(makes about 40 cookies)

So, go make these ... right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment