Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years

New years is a holiday I can really get behind (and there are a lot of holidays I can't say that about haha). Of course, having someone to kiss at midnight would make this holiday exponentially better, but even without that, it's one of my favorites. :-P

I love new years because it's a chance to start over. I know it's just another day, but the idea of a new year, a blank slate, and a chance to get things right, makes me feel very happy inside. It's a chance to start fresh, and I have a serious love for the prospect of wiping the slate clean because more often than not, I find that I feel a need to just start all over in different aspects of my life. Now, I do realize that I could do that any day of the year, but something about January 1st just feels different. Maybe it's that everyone has a blank slate, or maybe it's just that others understand when you decide to start over. I don't know ... hard to explain.

Goo Goo Dolls - Better Days
And you asked me what I want this year
and I try to make this kind and clear
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
'cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
and designer love and empty things
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words and sing out loud
'cause everyone's forgiven now
'cause tonight's the night the world begins again

Here's looking toward a WONDERFUL 2010, filled with possibility and adventure.
Happy New Year!

photo from Notebookdoodles

No comments:

Post a Comment