Tuesday, June 30, 2009

silver lining

The numbers at my school are not looking good.  And I'm not just talking about first grade numbers, I'm talking across the board.  This is bad, very bad.  Not only might I not be teaching first grade again (which would make me incredibly sad), but if we don't get a LOT of kids registered in the next 4 weeks, I might not even be teaching at my school again.  I keep having to remind myself that I have been through this before and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, so if it happens again that's how I'm going to have to look at it.  I'm really trying to prepare myself so that this doesn't turn into a "my life is ending" moment like it did 2 years ago.  If I have to switch grades, there is a reason for it. If I have to move schools, then there is a reason for that.  Maybe it will turn out to be a great thing for me, or maybe there will be a kid there that really needs me. Whatever the case, I'm telling myself that whatever happens, happens for a reason.  That has become my mantra: there is a purpose greater than me.

Toady's photo is appropriate:

Every cloud has a silver lining

Sometimes you don't find out what the silver lining is right away. Sometimes you don't ever get to find out what the silver lining is.  But it's there; God can use any bad situation to bring about greater good. He knows what He's doing. He knows the plan. I just have to trust that it will work out okay in the end. Sometimes, you just have to have a little faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment