Friday, June 26, 2009

"family movie night"

I had such a wonderful time this evening. Sometimes I think I should really be 10 years older with a husband and kids because I would so much rather spend an evening doing relaxing family things than going out to bars and such haha.  Anyway, this evening I went to dinner with A (remember? The student I went swimming last week), her parents, and her brother, at Berryhill.  After dinner the five of us went to the church for "family movie night".  They had a big screen set up in the common area and we all brought camping chairs and lounged around and watched Kung Fu Panda. Super cute movie by the way!

Completely unrelated to my evening, I have recently challenged myself to take at least one photo every day.  It hasn't happened EVERY day thus far, but I'm getting better at it. Some days I've taken pictures but not found anything worth posting; but, the ultimate goal is to take, edit, and post, at least one picture each day.  So, here is today's:

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (Matt 7:7)

And finally, in more unrelated news, I have officially decided to teach a kindergarten Sunday School class at my church every week.  I've been thinking about it, and praying about it, and I am really excited about the opportunity! I think it is going to be a lot of fun, and also quite a blessing. I won't be starting for another few weeks so I have some time to observe a class and figure out exactly how this is going to go. I'll keep you posted. And, if you feel so inclined, maybe you can say a little prayer for me and this new venture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment