Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Since I don't get to spend Father's Day with my dad this year, I can't post a new picture of us.  Instead, I'll just post my all time favorite:

My dad has this saying, "who you are is where you were when you were ten years old". When each of us turned ten, my dad took us on a trip, just the two of us.  After my tenth birthday my dad and I took a road trip to Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, The Badlands, etc. One evening as we were driving, my dad decided to pull over and get a picture of us with the sunset.  He placed the camera on top of the jeep and set the timer.  I had to stand on the back bumper to be tall enough, but had to squat down so as not to be too tall. At the last second, right before the camera went off, my dad turned and tickled me.  I stood up taller, turned, and laughed out loud right as the camera flashed. This picture is the result.  I love the way we are turned towards each other, laughing, with huge smiles.  I remember this moment vividly, and the sense of joy it held. I guess that's why I love it so much.

Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you SO much!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment