I've been sitting here contemplating how I can put into words just how amazing this week of VBS was, and I have come to the conclusion that I just can't. You had to be there. I'll explain as best I can, but my words just won't really do the week justice.
I cannot even begin to tell you what a blessing this week has been! I had the opportunity to meet some wonderful women, and work closely with one really fantastic woman. Me and this one other lady ran the 4 year old Bible Learning Activities room. Each day we had five groups of 8-15 kids rotate through our room. When they came in we had a mini lesson over different aspects of the Lord's prayer (God forgives, God provides, Praise God, God listens) and then the kids rotated through different centers to reinforce their learning. We had an art center, discovery center, blocks center, and dramatic play center we had to set up each day (all safari themed). You know how I am about making lists and being on top of things so as not to be too stressed? The lady I worked with was the same way, which was SUCH a blessing because the week ended up being completely stress free! I wish you could have heard these kids articulate some of their thoughts on God. It blew me away more than once! These 4 year olds seemed to have it more figured out than many adults I know. Each day was a wonderful opportunity to spend time with, as Mrs. Pat so wonderfully put it, some of God's perfect little lambs. Those children were quite a blessing to me! It seems the week went just as well for all grade levels. In fact, over the course of 4 days, 36+ children gave their hearts to Jesus. I think that's pretty awesome!
It seems I made an impression on the people around me, because at the end of the 4 days I was approached by one of the ladies heading up VBS, and our director of early childhood programs, and asked how I would feel about giving some of my time on Sunday mornings during the year. Apparently they had been discussing this proposition they wanted to give to me since first thing Monday morning after seeing how I interacted with the kids in my room. I'll be in contact with the director in the next few days to work out specifics, but it seems I may be teaching a 4 or 5 year old bible study class on Sundays. After this week, I feel like that could be a really good fit for me, and I am really excited about the opportunity!
If I had gone to Australia I would have missed all this! Sounds crazy, but I'm glad I didn't get to go. In my life, right now, this is better. Everything happens for a reason; sometimes you just have to wait a bit to find out what the reason is. It's all part of God's plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment