I started to read this great book, Captivating, a few days ago. This morning, before I went to yoga, I had a few extra minutes so I decided to read a little. In what I read today the authors were discussing God's deep love for each individual. In the book, they challenged the reader to ask God to show her some sort of sign demonstrating his love, and then they sited examples of what had happened to them when they prayed this same thing. So, I took them up on their challenge, and then went about my day.
This evening, I was about to retire to the couch to watch a movie, when it popped into my head all of a sudden that I needed to go to the mall to look for one more thing (I had already spent half my day at the mall earlier). I could have waited until tomorrow, but I decided to go tonight. So, I drove to the mall and parked my car. When I got out of my car, literally, as if it appeared out of nowhere (it definitely had not been there moments before), this gorgeous rainbow filled the sky. I'm not talking a little splash of color; I'm talking the biggest, brightest rainbow I have ever seen in my life! It quite literally spanned above me from the horizon in the East all the way to the West. It was stunningly beautiful. I have honestly never seen anything like it.
I looked around the parking lot to see if anyone else was marveling over this like I was, and there were probably 10 different people milling about who didn't seem to notice it at all. Not just that they weren't stopped to stare at it, but they didn't even direct their eyes up to notice it was there. You had to see it to understand, but this was incredibly hard to miss! In that moment it dawned on me that this was my sign. I have no doubt that this beautiful, perfect rainbow appeared, as if out of nowhere, so I could see it and know I am loved. You don't have to believe it, but I do.
I just wish I had taken my camera with me ...
No comments:
Post a Comment