Starting today I am going to the gym every. single. day. no exceptions. I have been HORRIBLE about going to the gym this past year so I'm going to kick start what I hope to be a regular routine once school starts by going every day while he is gone. So, this morning I got up and went to the gym. Good start.
I had planned to spend my time this week working on my classroom up at school. Next week I have a bunch of inservice, and the week after that we start out campus staff development days so I knew I had to get my room ready by the end of the week. After I hit the gym this morning I headed up to school. Michelle was there, so I wasted a bit of time chatting with her, then dove right in.
I'm not sure if there is a world record for the amount of time it takes to set up an entire classroom from boxes and stacks of furniture to finish, but I may have just set the record. I was at school for 6 hours today. An hour of that time I took a lunch break with Michelle (and quite honestly I spent some random time talking to her as well I'm not even accounting for). In 5 hours I got my room COMPLETELY set up. I'm talking every single thing is done. All my furniture is arranged, supplies are out (including book boxes filled on table groups), bulletin boards are set up, and even my hallway display is done. This is quite an accomplishment! Guess moving rooms at the last minute for the past 4 years taught me to be efficient with my time. YAY me!
Now I'm not quite sure what to do with the rest of my week though, as working in my room was pretty much the only thing on my to do list. Tomorrow I think I'm going to go up for a few hours and organize some files and things I've been wanting to tackle, so that should be productive, but then, until I get my class list, I'm done. Amazing!
Oh, and I LOVE the way my room looks. :) I may be getting a little excited for this year, but shhh don't tell anyone hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment