While I have in fact stuck to that goal in the sense that I have not spent any unnecessary money at the teacher supply store (all I bought were two sticker charts, desk name tags, and a set of library pocket charts), I may have ended up spending quite a bit of money on reusable supplies for my classroom. I justify these purchases by reminding myself these are things I do not currently have, and can use year after year.
That being said, Amazon and Paypal have made it WAY too easy for me to purchase things without guilt! Seriously, Amazon is the lazy man's mall. You don't have to leave the couch, and you can buy just about anything! In conjunction with PayPal, you don't even have to stand up to get your wallet, just click, and it's yours!
Just about every day when I come home it is like Christmas in August. I have literally had a package come in the mail every day for the past week haha! So, while I didn't spend money at the teacher store, and I didn't buy any junk I didn't need, I did buy:
- my own copy of SSPTU because I'm tired of having to borrow it every single day (plus I found it used for only $6!)
- 3 Draw Write Now books - these are an awesome for those early finishers!
- 120 piece magnetic letters set - I have lots of plastic letters, but none are magnetic
- 24 drawer organizer for SSPTU letters - this was just necessary for organization purposes
- USA state puzzle - I'm going to teach my kids the state song during calendar this year. This way we can add a state each day until we have learned them all.
- Have you FIlled a Bucket Today book - going to do this with my class this year, so the book was necessary. Plus, I LOVE books!
- I may have been lazy and purchased the black line for journaling prompts for tongue depressors because I was too lazy to make them myself hehe
- materials to make I spy bags - um, because these are fun and awesome for early finishers! Plus, I'm crafty like that!
- materials to make my own mind jar - I'm still debating buying the book. It's a little more than I want to spend, and I think I can just explain what the mind jar is just fine for the kids that might need it.
hmm that's all I can think of right now. See how Amazon is the death of me?!? I can't stop buying things! haha At least everything I've bought so far are things I have a real purpose for and can be used year after year, but still. The most unfortunate part of this is the shipping. Had I purchased all this at once, I would have had free shipping, but no, I buy things as soon as I think of them so I have paid for shipping on every single one of these purchases. boo. I need to plan better to avoid having this happen again. Oh well, I THINK I am done buying things for now ... guess we'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment