I had a couple American Express giftcards I got for my birthday, so I decided to buy myself an ice cream maker for the summer! I took a trip to Sur La Table because I saw their ad that they had colorful Cuisinart ice cream makers, rather than just the normal white. When I got there I found out that they had a special going on, and if you bought the ice cream maker, you got a $15 gift card. Score! I ended up with all kinds of fun goodies! A turquoise ice cream maker, a matching ice cream scoop, an ice cream sandwich cookie pan, some cute red french fry baskets (we've been making a lot of homemade baked french fries lately), and some whiskey stones for Tony (since he had found them online and wanted them but we hadn't seen them in any stores). With my birthday money, and the free gift card, I spent under $20 for everything. So exciting!
I couldn't wait to use my ice cream maker yesterday after letting the barrel piece freeze overnight! Tony requested chocolate ice cream, since that's his favorite, and I figured if I make something he will eat then I won't have to be a fatty and eat the entire batch every time haha. So, milk chocolate it was! I researched recipes online and ended up finding a good one from a baking blog I read.Let me just tell you, the ice cream turned out SO rich and creamy! I am in LOVE! It has such a yummy chocolatey flavor, but you can only eat a little because it is so rich. There is nothing about this ice cream I don't love. Tony had been joking with me all day that "it better be as good as Blue Bell, because that's the only ice cream I eat". I served him up a bowl to let him try it. His response? "Wow, this is bluebell quality". YAY! Ice cream success!

If you have an ice cream maker and are interested in the recipe you can find it here at this great baking blog: Brown Eyed Baker
I've already bookmarked TONS of ice cream recipes I cannot wait to try! What a fun summer treat!! :)


WOW! What a tasty looking homemade treat. How do you like the machine? I may have to get one...
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome! Incredibly easy to use too! I'm just keeping the barrel in the freezer so it's ready at a moments notice. All you have to do is follow the recipe to mix up the ingredients, then turn it on, pour in the mixture, and 15 minutes later you have ice cream! LOVE it!! I made cookies and cream yesterday and it was just as good :)
ReplyDelete