Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break

It's been a good week so far. Dad got this great place in Copper Village so we don't even have to drive to the slopes. We go down the elevator, walk about 100 yards, and get on the lift. It's wonderful!


It's been really great because we've had perfect boarding weather yesterday and today. It's been sunny and warm. The perfect kind of warm though where when you are on the mountain you feel fine, when you stop at the bottom it's a little hot, but then you cool off on the lift. I'm excited that tomorrow it is going to snow all day though, because boy do I love to see it snow. We probably won't board tomorrow, unless I just really want to, and that's fine by me. I got in two good long days, which is about all my legs can take anyway. Tomorrow will probably consist of some outlet mall shopping before I head back to Texas.

At one point today as I was barreling down the mountain at some ridiculous speed I thought to myself "what the heck am I doing?!?". Seriously, sometimes I wonder who came up with this sport. I mean, who was sitting around one day and though, "oh I know, I'll just go up to the top of a snow covered mountain, wax up a piece of fiber glass, strap both my feet into it so I couldn't pop out if I tried, and up and slide down the mountain". It really is sort of an odd idea, but oh so fun.


I love spring break! I don't know what I would do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment