A couple weeks ago I went with Kate to see the Lipizzaner Stallions. When she texted me to ask if I wanted to go see the "Lipizzaners" I responded with "who's that?". I had never heard of them before. The show was at the Toyota Center and we had tickets to the suite, so I figured why not go. Even if I had no idea what to expect, it would be a good new thing I could try.
I would pretty much describe this as "horse ballet". The whole first part they played classical music while people rode the horses in choreographed movements. They had lots of neat steps they could do that made it look like they were skipping, or doing a side step. It was pretty cool

Then they showed off all these moves the stallions used to use in battle. They had a bunch of different kinds of kicks they could do that were used for different purposes. I don't know how they trained these horses to do this on cue, but it was neat!
My favorite was when they had them leap off the ground with all 4 legs. I swear it looked like they were taking off and flying. So cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment