Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chickpea Croquettes

When my mom and I were visiting Boulder in December we ate at this great vegetarian restaurant called Leaf. We ended up sharing the falafel in a pita. It was a pita filled with chickpea croquettes, red pepper hummus, lettuce, tomato, and red onions. It was one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life; seriously, I loved it!

Well a few weeks ago I decided to try and make this myself at home. I figured this could be one of my new things I try during the month of February (as part of my new years resolution). So I did some research and came up with a recipe to make the chickpea croquettes. It was SO easy and they turned out perfectly!


The whole meal was easy to put together. Once you have the mixture for the chickpea croquette, it takes 6 minutes to cook, then you just load up a pita with hummus, tomato, lettuce, and red onion. YUM!

The best part is that it is so easy to make this chickpea mixture, and then you can keep it in the fridge so it makes a really easy meal for more than one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment